'>

Thursday, September 29, 2011

Grandma Rowe


Such a sweet lady there pictured with my Jady Lady.  It goes without saying that it is always such a treat to visit with Grandma Rowe.  To my children she is a celebrity, as is evident in all of these pictures.  They are just beside themselves when given the slightest nod or bit of attention from Grandma.  They melt in her presence, hanging on every word she says or sometimes sings.  I have to admit there's just something about a little old lady shuffling around the house handing out words of encouragement, praising all you do, grinning from ear to ear when making eye contact with you and breaking out Christmas tunes on the piano in July.  When it comes right down to it she carries a lot of weight in regard to our making a decision in favor of driving 14 hours to St. Louis.  I am so happy my kids will have these memories with her.  

My last memory with her the night before I left town (this summer) was helping her get tucked into bed.  After turning down the sheets and helping her to climb in the bed, she managed to pull her blankets up under her chin.  She then rubbed both eyes with fisted hands, not unlike a baby.  Adorable.  I kissed her goodnight and told her I loved her to which she replied, "I love you, a bushel and a peck!"  And anyone who knows her can hear her now with that endearing, swingy, high pitched voice.  Priceless.  Such a privilege to be her granddaughter.  So glad my children have been gifted the opportunity to know her in this life.  Very sweet that she will end her days in the care of my mother.  What a lovely circle of life.








 


Anyone sensing a theme here?  Yep, she loves the color pink!  I hope I look as good as she does at 95.  I'll wear pink everyday if that helps. :)


       
To hear the video below you'll need to scroll to the bottom of the page and push pause on my music box.
      

2 comments:

Jamie said...

Emily- These pictures are priceless! They are so beautiful. I wish that we had more pictures of us with Grandma Betty. You will be so glad to have spent as much time with Grandma Rowe as possible.

gaylene said...

My kids thing she is amazing, too, and always say, "I miss Little Grandma" I'm glad you posted this, it brought tears to my eyes :)