'>

Sunday, September 18, 2011

Back to the blackboard . . .

or a laptop if you are Jaden and a promethean board if you are Ty. 

Having taken only one summer trip (to my mom's) these kids were ready for school to begin this year.  I always have mixed feelings about sending them off to school.  Selfishly I love taking my kids back for the summer.  I love that our regimented routine takes a back seat for a few months so that they can be kids again and so I can see more of them.  Summer gives us a chance to fill up on each other just in time for school to begin.

The start of this year held quite a few changes to our routine.  Jaden started Junior High as a 6th grader.  That's one school.  Ty continued at his Elementary school as 2nd grader.  That's two schools.  And Reese began her first Mother's Day Out program 2x a week from 9-2.   Make that a 3rd school, twice a week.  Everyone rolls out of here in shifts and all are where they need to be before 9 am.  How did my mom ever do it with 10 kids?  I can't fathom it.

And I'm happy to report that everyone is doing well.  All the nerves I've had about Jaden starting Junior High (that she didn't have) are subsiding.  I'm finding that she can hold her own.  Our attitude is that we'll just take one day at time and cross each bridge when we get to it.   

During Ty's first month of school he's been through two sets of teachers.  He's been able and willing to make the changes without much thought, luckily.  His first teacher was asked to teach at another school after 2nd grade numbers dwindled.  Then after about a week in his new class they swapped him over to a new home room.  I guess he'll just grow where he's planted.

Then there's Reese who has already won the hearts of her two teachers.  This week one teacher asked if she could take Reese home with her.  And neither of them believe me when I say she hasn't been in a school program before.  Unless they count nursery on Sundays.  I'm biased of course but I'd like to bottle her up pretty much every day.  I just wish she'd stop growing so fast!  I wish they could all stop growing so quickly.  That's why I hesitate (for like 10 seconds) to send my kids back to school, because we get so busy and then their lives seem to whiz past me.   Good luck to you three this 2011-2012 school year!  We're rooting for you all the way!







No comments: