'>

Friday, September 2, 2011

Calendar worthy


I want to remember that Ty took it upon himself to calendar Kyle's last day at work, unbeknownst to us.  I love that he included LLP.  Maybe he is grasping the bigness of the event.  It is, in fact, a milestone in Kyle's life that directly affects ours.  You know this could be the first day of the last job he ever takes, right?  The job that takes us into retirement possibly?  I'm being melodramatic, but they're not entirely unrealistic thoughts.  Kyle started with the new job the following day or as Jaden wants to remember it, her birthday.

It was a whirlwind week with a lot of firsts for our family.  Jaden starting Junior High and Kyle's job take the cake but it was also Ty's first day of the second grade.  As for Reese, her first will be that of a Mothers Day Out program that she'll start after Labor day.  My somewhat of a "first" dealt with not having access to my husband during his first week of work.  No cell phone and no email.  And I wasn't about to call the office.  I guess I didn't realize how often we keep tabs on each other throughout the day.  I'm sure it's more of my doing than his, but how did we even communicate before that technology came about?  Some days those phone calls and emails are it as far as communication goes.  And with all that took place last week we could have stood to keep contact all day long and we still wouldn't have been caught up on each others and the kids' goings on!  Yet I am humbled and put in my place after talking with two of my friends experiencing similar weeks, barring one has 5 kids in 5 different schools and the other has 6 children under the age of 12 . . . and so then I shut my mouth, real quick.

Now for posting all of those said events and details as well as the plethora of pics that go with them. 

No comments: