'>

Friday, July 29, 2011

12 years

I'm up late here visiting my mom in St. Louis with the kids. Kyle stayed back. Unintentionally, we are often not together on his summer birthday and our summer wedding anniversary. Since I'm on vacation I wasn't aware of the date. My mom wished me a happy anniversary around noon today. Luckily, Kyle and I anticipated the likelihood that we'd both forget and so we exchanged sappy thoughts over the phone 3 days prior. Of course, we'd both prefer to be together on this day (spending $85 on rubbery lobster) but we see it for what it is: a significant date on the calendar. And at heart, the day we both made the best decision of our lives. Put like that it seems plenty worthy of celebration. Better luck next year.

1 comment:

Jamie said...

Happy Anniversary to a fabulous couple!