'>

Saturday, July 9, 2011

Father's Day

Who ever really knows what they're getting in a husband and subsequent father of their children?  Of course, one can't truly know the extent of it until they are in the thick of it.  I lucked out big time.  And my kids hit the jack pot of all jack pots.  We think Kyle is the cream of the crop regarding most things but specifically and especially when playing dad.  



Mush, OJ and a diet coke for the big guy.  That has southerner written all over it.  I've learned that coffee isn't necessarily the morning beverage of choice in these parts.  If you are a true Texan you'd likely pop open an icy cold soda.  Preferably coke, diet coke or Dr. Pepper (that's a DP if your name is Matt Bloxom and you're ordering from Red Robin.  Remember that, Jenny?  It's engraved in my memory.) I guess it makes sense, it's typical that 9 months out of the year our morning temps. start off in the 80's.


The kids were beside themselves when picking out this card for Kyle.  It's the six pack he's always wanted.  Not really.  In fact, Kyle's had many a six pack in his day.  But, apparently, that was before kids.  I have a six pack.

2 comments:

Jenny said...

I got a mention in your blog! Love it! I guess I'm a little southern because I like to crack open a D.C. with breakfast. D.C. with fresh lime to be exact. We just returned from Washington and it seems like Pepsi is everywhere. Ugh. Of course I remember Matt Bloxham and D.P.! Hilarious. This is totally off subject but while I was in WA my Mom had me clean all of my boxes out. I had a ton of letters from you after you moved to UT. You had such great advice for me about friends and dating non mo's. Good stuff!

Jenny said...

texan....not southern