'>

Sunday, August 14, 2011

Jaden tries volleyball

With Jaden's interest in finding out if Volleyball is" her thing" she dove into all things volleyball over the summer.  She first jumped on a YMCA volleyball team.  Followed by participation in two separate, week long, volleyball camps put on by two local High Schools.  She absolutely loved the camps.  But I kid you not when I say that watching her YMCA volleyball games was like nails on a chalkboard!  We've learned that this is a sport where one MUST have fundamentals under one's belt before participating in a game.  It really was painful to watch.  So going forward we plan to have her join club volleyball.  No games until the basics are mastered. :)  As I posted all of these pics I couldn't help but notice how much older she's looking.  She'll be eleven in a couple of weeks!  She exudes tweenism!

"Crazy shorts" day at volleyball camp number one.  Jaden won best shorts.  I won best mom.



The shot above shows Jaden sandwhiched between two of her besties--Reese and Reagan.  They are siblings.  
That rare occasion when something went right for them during the game.  :)  Do you get my drift about the vb games??  

No comments: