'>

Saturday, March 26, 2011

Rodeo Houston

As always, the Houston Livestock Show and Rodeo was a blast.  How could it not be, it's the largest Rodeo in the world.  I took the kids early from school and Kyle met us about halfway through his work day.  It was the perfect weather with absolutely no crowds.  Which means you can run through the Children's Farm as many times as you'd like in order to get a free snack at the end.  Ask Jaden, she made it through the farm 4 times while I watched Reese and Ty enjoying other events.

We took advantage of all the things we normally do with the exception of two novelties: muttin bustin' and gerbil balling (as I'm going to call it). We saw Sugarland in concert.  She was awesome.  I'd have gotten up and danced with Jaden if Reese hadn't been asleep on my shoulder.  Instead we rocked it in our seats the best we could belting the lyrics.

Ty rode a sheep doing what they call Muttin Bustin'.  It was his first and last year eligible to participate.  So it's a good thing he won first place. He loved it.

Would you believe I still don't own a pair of cowboy boots after nearly 9 years hittin' up this thing?  I just about purchased some this last month.  But I want a new camera more.  Kyle owns three pair.  I'll get mine AND I'll look cuter than Kyle in them.








Longhorn literally inches from my children.
















No comments: