'>

Friday, March 4, 2011

goals

Spring cleaning around here.  I decided to de-clutter our post-it boards that hold all sorts of this that and the other.  So here are the kids' goals for 2011.  I'll place these in their memory boxes.  However, I have to say that it feels good to have them on file here as well, just incase.
Jaden


I'll type Ty's goals as they were handwritten by me anyway. But they were entirely thought-up by him.

Ty

1. Try to score a touchdown in flag football. (Much to his dismay, he went the entire fall season without a touchdown)

2. Read a verse in the scriptures everyday.

3. Read a full book each month. (This means a large chapter book)

4. Try to win the citizenship award at the school. (He won it last year. Who says you can't win it two years in a row??)

5. Do good in Cub Scouts. (Looking ahead, I guess that's the effect that goals have, right? He won't start Cub Scouts until the fall.)

Reese

1. Identify the letters in the alphabet.

2. Learn the sounds of all 26 letters in the alphabet.

3. Get into the Methodist MDO program. (Not that she has any control over that. No one does, it's a lottery. However, I am HAPPY to report that she did indeed get in! She'll start in the fall, two days a week from 9-2. Both Reese and I are thrilled. She really wants to go to school. Everybody else does in our house.)

4. Fine tune the 6 ballet fundamentals she learned from her first semester of dance.

5. Convince dad to take me to donuts every Saturday morning for a pink donut with sprinkles and chocolate milk.  (And by all accounts, she is succeeding.)  

No comments: