'>

Friday, December 4, 2009

Finally, it's all about me!

The surprise of a lifetime! Four sisters, 1 sister in-law and two nieces flew to Texas and showed up on my doorstep on my 30th birthday. When opening my front door to see all of them for the first time I believe I said, " Oh my gosh!" repeated seven times very slowly. I was completely shocked. I had no idea. Jaden and Kyle kept a good secret.

Yes I cried. And I challenge any of you to keep from crying under the same circumstances.

From left: Sarah, Lexee, Deborah, Kiffen, Hailey, Deon and Miriam

We took a trip to Kemah Boardwalk

We all rode the train.

A few less rode the phantom. Jaden being one of them.

Even fewer rode the 100ft drop.

And this one held babies so she wouldn't have to ride anything. Let's just say the car ride to Kemah was plenty exciting for Deborah and her nausea.

Deborah, while writing this I had yet another good chuckle reliving our ride (don't remember the name of the ride, do remember your eyes rolling to the back of your head) together at the Lynden Fair when we were kids.

Some took turns trying to be the favorite Aunt. Better luck next time Deon or rather grandma!

We ate out at Fish City Grill.

We played a few rousing games of zingo.

Still at Fish City Grill

And others of us studied calculus.


What we don't have any pictures of is the poor lady we turned in and who was then arrested outside my local grocery store. That was exciting. Doing our civic duty (or rather being a typical Davis -looking for some drama) we made the world a better place by seeing to it there be one less intoxicated individual driving the streets.

Also not pictured and for very good reason: what we looked like after staying up every night until 1:00 or 2:00 a.m. Lots of laughing, movies, walking down memory lane, making new memories, eating, drinking and being merry!

I had a blast! Still shocked that you all came. Thank you for making me feel so very special. It was my best birthday yet.

And, Lexee, I still haven't erased your beautiful picture you left me on my wall. :) I love it.

4 comments:

Deborah said...

Em, I too had a little chuckle to myself. Also, what are you talking about, it's ALWAYS been about you! I might have said no to you that day in Lynden, but I'm pretty sure you were like,"come on deborah! you never do anything cool like me, I am the coolest person in the world and you'll never be like me if you don't get on this ride right now!" It was the same shpeel miriam gave me when I grabbed the electric fence blah blah blah! and now about 20 years later it has all manifest itself through and extreme hair cut! Are you happy now?! Love ya!

Kristen said...

I miss you and your sisters! What a cool surprise to have them show up on your doorstep! I would have cried too. Your family is so beautiful!

Leslie said...

I just loved reading this...I felt like I was right there with you. Do you think you could photo shoppe me in a few pictures. I could pass for a sister. That sounds like an awesome 30th...just as awesome as mine was. :)

Courtney said...

I miss your sisters. You are all so freakin hilarious! I wish I could write down the funniest memory I have of us at your house with your sisters but it would be so innappropriate.