'>

Sunday, November 22, 2009

Ahh . . .

After four years serving as Primary President, I was released today. Bitter, saweeet! I absolutely loved being in Primary, especially while my own children were there. Shown here with not one but two dozen roses and covered in hearts with special thoughts from the children. Um, pretty sure this is the first time I've ever received two dozen roses. Thank you!

Not sure what to do with myself. Better not jinks it. You know as soon as you say things like that something bigger than before finds its way to you. Please let it just be reading , finishing Reese's stocking, or learning to play the piano.

Learned so much, feel so blessed to have served with such great counselors, secretary and teachers. Grateful to my Father in Heaven for allowing me the opportunity to be a part of these children's lives and to learn and grow along with them. Without a doubt my favorite calling.

2 comments:

Jenefer said...

The BEST primary prsident EVER I might add! You did a bang up job. Never was there a more organized, fun and loving primary. I got to enjoy it all as a teacher and Saige has loved her first year of sunbeams. We LOVE you President Harris--I think we'll let you keep the president title for life, kind of like when they release a bishop.

Jenefer said...

Oh and you failed to mention that on each of those paper hearts is a note from a child telling Sister Harris something they love about her...I particulalry liked, "you're a fashion model", and "I love her shoes."