'>

Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Euphoria


The word euphoria is the adjective of choice for these pics and how best to describe our weekend together.  A word that I had to go to the thesaurus for.  "So what, who cares?" --SNL  I was looking for one word to describe the weekend and I wasn't fond of what was popping up in my sleep deprived brain, due to said weekend.  Although I would guess that even without the heading one might conclude that it was an enjoyable weekend by the pictures alone.  

These are five of my beautiful sisters.  I have six.  Missing one.  We absolutely missed you, Charity!  This gathering in Utah was in honor of Deborah's 30th birthday.  I can't tell you exactly what was going on in the two pics, above and below.  But I am so glad I got these shots!  Being stuck behind the lens was worth not being part of whatever it was that was clearly so hilarious. I do know that I'd made the girls stop for a picture with our hotel in the background after a mouth watering meal at Red Rock in Salt Lake.  This was our second day together and by then they were used to me nagging them to pose for pictures.  Annoyed by it, but used to it.  They'll thank me now, of course.  A memorable weekend to say the least.  (Also, I've added what we've dubbed the song of the weekend to my playlist by Adele) 


The birthday girl.  I love this shot of Deborah.  She's always had gorgeous eyes but this shot takes the cake.  So then I was on a quest to get good individual shots of the rest of them too.


Sarah had just gotten a new haircut and we were all in love with it.


I'd like to take credit here for coercing Elle into getting highlights.  She looks lovely.


Deon wouldn't allow much of an individual shot.  But let me just mention here that she also owns zebra print golf clubs and shoes among lots of other things zebra.


Already making plans for our next sister's weekend.  It promises to be good.  Deon has the floor. 








Love these shots of the oldest and the youngest thoroughly enjoying one another's company!









Sarah had two finals staring her in the face come Monday.  She opted out of the pedicures to study but really that was about the only time devoted to study that I remember.  Hope we didn't keep you from getting straight A's, as usual.


Our last night together.  All good things must come to an end but before they do you should have a lovely trifle bowl full of that stuff!  Mmm . . . thanks to Miriam, the hostess with the mostess!   Also, you may notice our extra tan and shiny faces?  We'll thank Elle for that, she was offering chemical peels to the brave and willing.  Ouch.

2 comments:

talonandanna said...

fun times! so great that you guys make time to get together and celebrate each other.

gaylene said...

wow, I think you guys hogged all of the beauty genes. :) how fun to see you guys together again--it is sad charity wasn't there!