'>

Sunday, May 9, 2010

Lucky (now say it like Napoleon Dynamite)


Me with a delicious steak dinner that I didn't lift a finger to help make.


The aftermath that I didn't lift a finger to help clean.
Of Mice and Men was calling my name.


The man behind the flowers and everything else that went perfectly today.


Not pictured is the nap that I didn't especially need but totally abused right after church. In fact, I don't even know how long I slept. Those are the best naps.

Happy Mother's Day to my mom who I did not connect with on the phone today. Sorry we missed your call. Hope you got my message. Let's be honest, when I called you were most likely on the other line with one of your other 9 favorite children or even possibly one of your 8 step-children, right? Say yes. Then I won't feel like it was my fault for not speaking to you on Mother's day. That is just way too many children. And I couldn't think of a better person to hold that much love for every last one of them. You never cease to amaze, mom! Here's hoping I turn out like you. Love you.

To my wonderful mother-in-law on this Mother's day, thank you for raising such a fine man in Kyle! Your influence carries over to me and our children through Kyle. We are so very blessed for your involvement in each of our lives. I have learned so much good about the rearing of children from you. We love you.

It is such a privilege to be the mother of Jaden, Ty and Reese. Honestly, I thoroughly enjoy being a mother. I didn't say I was good at it. But I do love it. I feel blessed to stay at home with my children too. Already I feel like my time with them is slipping away much too quickly. Here's to time slowing when it's good and speeding up when exhausting. However, I will take the good with the bad. Love you Jade, Ty and Reese.

Lastly, I received beautiful gifts and lovely cards from all but what you will witness below takes the cake.


Side note: Ty started to fear going to church sometime on Saturday. I finally got him to admit that it was because the children were singing during Sacrament Meeting. He hasn't feared doing this in the past but apparently it is something he could do without now. However, he was in between a rock and a hard place because he understood that singing in this SM was meant to be for Mother's Day and he didn't want to let me down. I knew that he has recently been preparing this song at school for Kinder graduation. So I told him I would not mind at all if he didn't sing at church. As long as he was willing to sing me this adorable song and let me record it too. Deal.

Thanks to my family for a lovely day!

2 comments:

Maryann said...

Looks like you had an amazing Mother's Day! Husbands are wonderful. You really are an amazing mother.

Denise said...

that's adorable! I was almost going to cry through his sweet voice. Ty you are so stinkin' cute!