'>

Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Jaden's baptism . . . finally!




Jaden turned 8 in August. Originally, her baptism was scheduled for September 13, however, instead of family visiting that weekend we had an unwanted visitor named hurricane Ike. We are happy to announce that Jaden was baptized this past Saturday, November 15th 2008 by her dad. It was very sweet. As she and I were taking pictures around the church she told me, "I can't stop smiling. I feel so happy" as is evident in all of the pictures below. We are proud of Jaden and the decision she has made. She is a great example to us and her brother and sister. We love you Jaden.
Recently, Jaden had a school assignment that required her to bring items that described her (an artifact box). After presenting those items she was asked to choose one item and prepare a written piece that explains why she selected the item and how it has made a difference or has helped her to be the person she is today. Jaden chose her necklace that says "I am a Child of God" and her CTR ring. This is her written piece (word for word including spelling):
"One of lifes greatest questions is "who am I?" I know who I am. I am a child of God. This neclace and ring have helped me to grow to understand that. I know God loves me & each & every one of you & he allways allways will. I hope all of you will make good choices in yourlife, & hope you make it a good one."
Thanks to all of our family who came to support us. Grandma and Grandpa Johnson drove 13 hours from St. Louis, MO. Mom played a beautiful piano solo called, Baptism by Paul Cardall. Grandma Patsy flew in on a bumpy flight from Provo, Utah. Pat gave a wonderful talk on the Holy Ghost and presented Jaden with a hand made quilt. And Nick and Katy (8 months pregnant) drove from San Antonio, Texas. Jaden felt very special and we loved having all of you here!

6 comments:

Leslie said...

Oh how we love you Jaden. That has got to be one of my favorite posts of all time.

Deanne Johnson said...

It was wonderful for Bob and me to be there with loved ones. Jaden has such a sweet spirit! Love Grandma and Grandpa Johnson

McKinney's said...

Nice work Jady Lady. We are proud of you and taking this step. Harris, you look stunning in a one piece

Jamie said...

Katy said it was a great weekend..and Nick was so proud of the changing table! I wish we could have been there- Jaden is so sweet...and I loved her story.

Jenny said...

I love Jaden's baptism pictures!
To answer your question: The wall behind us in the picture was actually real brick but that wallpaper sounds like a cool idea. I will have to check that out myself. Have a great Christmas!

Anonymous said...

I can't believe Jaden is already 8!!! She is so beautiful. I love what she wrote- what an awesome kid. It looks like everything was great! I'm glad to see an update on your cute family!