'>

Saturday, June 30, 2012

Summer couldn't come soon enough for us

And I couldn't be more thrilled that it's here.  I felt like we were in over our heads this past winter and spring with sports, mostly.   But can I just tell you how much my kids loved the sports they were in.  They had such a good time.

Jaden participated in two club sports, volleyball and soccer, simultaneously.  I never played club sports, I didn't even know what they were until recently.  Apparently, club sports are pretty essential to eventually playing any public school sports here in the south.  Two nights a week were tagged for VB and two more for soccer leaving the 5th night for piano and extra homework.  Luckily the stars aligned for her weekend soccer games and volleyball tournaments, as they alternated perfectly. We won't do that again.  It was a special circumstance that she got invited to tryout for VB and ended up making it.  And because of Junior High tryouts this fall we thought it would give her a leg up.  She loved it and kept up on her school work so all was well there. She was a busy, busy girl.

Ty started off the winter in flag football which overlapped with his first season of dad's club baseball.  I was surprised at how much I love watching him play baseball.  I love watching him in any sport because he is so darn competitive.  But baseball has been my favorite, thus far.  However, I bet I'd have felt differently about baseball if he were in the outfield.  His pitching position got him a lot of action. It was such a fun season.  So fun, in fact, that he broke his finger midseason while fielding a ball.  He couldn't wait to get back.  And frankly, neither could I.

Reese kept up with her very informal dance class.  A very inexpensive activity that was low maintenance and so laid back.  Ahh, those were the days . . .

So, all of these pictures below represent probably about 1% of all the action shots I took this season.  Seriously.  And we are now enjoying a laid back summer.











 Reese running off the soccer fields.  What a great sport she's been, sitting through all of these games.  


















Oh, and there was plenty of this going on late into the evenings this past semester. Contrary to all of the pics shown, sports do not trump education at our house.  These two worked their tails off together.  What a good dad.  What a diligent student.  What a good team.  I'll take pictures, because at that hour I don't have the patience and frankly, when it comes to math, the skill either!

No comments: