'>

Monday, January 9, 2012

October visitors

Before I can post another thing, I need to rewind to October.  We had a whole slew of visitors during that month; all from Kyle's family.


Kyle's only and favorite brother, Ryan, was our first visitor.  He quickly passed through on his way to San Antonio for a golf tournament; he stayed just over 24 hours.  And apparently that was just enough time for these two to become besties.  Reese was in tears as she watched Ryan take his luggage out to his rental.  She thought he was leaving without saying goodbye.  She ran straight to my bathroom where she found me doing my hair, wrapped her arms around my legs and sobbed uncontrollably -- like the incoherent, slurring of words kind.  It was minutes before I understood what was going on.  She pulled it together and leapt into Ryan's arms giving such a sweet goodbye.  (I should add here that this cuddly guy was recently sworn in; Judge of the Third District Court in SLC, UT.  He's not but 39.  His black robe won't intimidate us because, well, I've always been intimidated by the man.  Apparently, Reese is not.)  Who knew those two would click like that?  We rarely see Ryan.  Maybe Ryan reminded her of a younger, less hairy Lynn?  Which leads us to our second visitor.

(This is an old pic from his last visit)
This trip I saw Lynn long enough to exchange a quick hello and hug.  He and I literally passed each other in the airport on my way to spend five days with my sisters in Seattle.  We'll time that better next time.  And, of course, I took my camera with me, so there aren't any pictures to post of their weekend together.  But, by all accounts, it was fabulous!  I'm positive they ate out for every meal, the kids were spoiled rotten, no one immediately cleaned up after themselves and that they basically ran around like barbarians.  But that wouldn't be saying much.  This is what happens each and every time I leave the kids with their dad.  I'm sure it was a similar weekend but on steroids, as I'm sure their dad's dad added plenty of fuel to the fire.

Next up, Kyle's mom came in for a much anticipated visit.  It's always a treat to see her and we are lucky when we do.  She and her husband, Kirk, share eight children and 23 grandchildren (so far).  On top of that she is still acting Principal for Canyon Crest Elementary.  So like I said, we are so lucky to be graced with her presence.  Pat is such a hands-on Grandma.  I'm not sure how restful her weekend visits to see grandchildren are.  I can tell you that when she visits our home every waking moment is spent soaking up our children.

During Pat's weekend here she was able to see Jaden and Ty play in their soccer games.  It was a gorgeous day to be sitting through those.  Her trip was timed perfectly as it was the Children's Sacrament Meeting Program on Sunday.  Jaden and Ty each had a part.  Jaden was the closing speaker and her part included a 5 minute talk that wrapped up the program.  There were pictures and stories from Grandma Patsy and Grandpa Kirk's recent travels to Europe.  We had our very own cooking show, compliments of Reese and Pat; where they made a yummy carrot cake together.  And I'm sure our game of hullabaloo has never been, nor will it ever be played for a longer amount of time than it was played by the three ladies below.  Reese requested that Pat sleep in her room which worked out great as they were both in need of a cool mist humidifier that weekend.  Reese still talks about Pat having slept in her room with her. We loved your visit, Pat.  Thanks for fussing over all of us and showering us with your love and undivided attention.












1 comment:

Jamie said...

Love all the pictures- you do such a good job of capturing the moment! Miss you guys!