'>

Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Thanksgiving and white cabinets

There's no better time to make changes to your kitchen then when your going to be cooking in it for a day and half!  I was so lucky to get my kitchen cabinets painted white for my birthday or for Christmas or because my husband loves me or because he really wanted to put an end to my nagging him for them.  You name it, I'm just so glad they're white.  It was definitely a want not a need.  When we built our house over three years ago I must've really liked dark brown because everything I picked out from cabinets to furniture to hardwood was just that.   Once it all came together there were just too many shades of brown.  And it just so happens that the easiest and least expensive of those things to change is cabinet color.

 After three days the kitchen was ours again, but only after 7:00 on the eve of Thanksgiving.  We had some serious cooking to catch up on.  Thanks to every last family member pitching in (more than usual) we pulled it off, with the exception of the turkey.  We forgot to put it in the oven before we went to bed.  You wouldn't believe how offensive that was to the kids, who had helped prepare the turkey, (injections and all) to wake without the smell of turkey like we so promised.  Luckily, there's more than one way to cook Tom the Turkey.










No comments: