'>

Thursday, March 11, 2010

Happy 2nd Birthday Reese!

Things I don't want to forget about Reese at age 2:
  • Reese adores the book Pinkalicious, as is evident with it's tattered pages and hence the massive cupcake for her birthday. She has every page in that book memorized. So when she asks you to read the book to her, what she really means is: sit by me while I spit back everything I heard when you read it over and over and over.
  • Unlike any other child of mine, Reese loves her blanket (made by her Aunt Emily) and binky. Which is barely OK with me and why they are ONLY used in the crib. On the other hand, they came in really handy on the 14 hour drive to visit my mom in St. Louis. If she could choose she'd walk around with both all day long.
  • Also unlike her siblings Reese has not potty-trained herself by two. Other than a fluke interest a couple weeks ago she hasn't cared for it a bit. I guess she's only two as of today. But I want to say Jaden and Ty were interested before they turned two and potty-trained on or before their 2nd birthday. In due time.
  • Recently, Reese has made up her own word. The word is pinkerty or sometimes pinkerly. I haven't yet identified what she might consider the meaning of her word. She uses it often and so randomly that it isn't ever used in one context. But it is oh so cute when she uses it.
  • She loves to play in my SUV while it sits in the garage. Weather permitting my car has turned into a great babysitter.
  • Since Reese was 6 weeks old, and barring any illnesses, she has slept through the night. She loves sleepy time so much so that she'll ask to go to bed on occasion.
  • Oh, and I can't forget her duck cough. Although, one wouldn't think I could ever forget that. Hope she doesn't have it years from now but likely she will. Don't know what causes this deep, hoarse cough she's had since day 1. I vividly remember she and I alone in my postpartum room the first time she barked. I couldn't believe it came from something so miniature! Do get plenty of looks and "oh she sounds horrible" comments. Have started making up that she has a constricted airway to foster pity instead of dislike.
Reese has so much love to give. You can't be near her without her expressing it either vocally or physically. She is in a phase of life that we wish we could bottle up. She is easy going and so enjoyable!

Be that as it may, we know from experience that this blissful phase of life can all to quickly change. As today marks the day that Reese has turned that pleasant age of TWO!


2 comments:

Kristen said...

Cute! I made that cake for my Haley's bday! That pan is awesome!

Leslie said...

First off, that cake is awesome. Second, I love what you wrote about that lil' cutie. I love that she loves her binky and blankey too. Tate still has his binky. just kidding. but he still has his "whooby" (blanket.)