'>

Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Sleeping Beauty's Cottage









Over MLK weekend we shacked up in this adorable cabin that we quickly dubbed Sleeping Beauty's Cottage. Kyle and I aren't big on Texas camping but must admit that we didn't feel like we were in Texas at all. We stayed at Bastrop State Park which is near Austin. The park was built up in this very unique area rightfully named The Lost Pines. I've not encountered anything quite like it in the state of Texas. It reminded me of my childhood surroundings in the Evergreen State. Also, the cabins sat right on the lake that is in the video above. And the picture showing the bridge was located right outside our cabin which you can barely make out in the background through the trees. The surroundings were so quaint.

We took advantage of the great out doors as best we could before the sun set. After which, we gathered in our cozy cabin with a crackling fire enjoying stories, s'mores and plenty rounds of UNO (where we learned that Jaden is a cheater). We can't wait to head back next year as we are pretty sure we'll be making a tradition of it.

3 comments:

Maryann said...

Fun! I love that place. I love wandering through those woods and smelling the pine. Cute family. Reese is growing so big!

Sara said...

Hi Emily. We love Bastrop State park. We stayed in one of the cabins and had a blast. It's only an hour from my house too so I'm sure we'll be going again.

Let's meet there sometime!

Leslie said...

Wish I would've known about that place when we lived there. It looks awesome. Cute lil' family.