'>

Friday, December 19, 2008

Viewer Discretion Advised. . . it's real cheesy

Here we are roasting our ward and its members at our ward Christmas Talent Show. Sorry, most of you won't get the inside jokes but on the whole if you are affiliated with our church you might get a laugh out of it.

On The First Day of Christmas in our Ward We See:

1 Our Bishop handing out candy (played by our Bishops wife)

2 absent home teachers

3 "greetings and salutations" (as our 2nd counselor in the Bishopric repeats EVERY time he conducts)

4 Please be reverent (hard to do in a ward with over 100 primary children, over 50 nursery kids, and over 30 pre-nursery children. . . with no end in sight)

5 NURSERIES (no joke)

6 weeks of dinners (with the arrival of new babies monthly, this is a task for sure)

7 emergency preparedness (comes in handy when you live on the gulf coast)

8 Enrichment evites

9 million meetings

10 ward split rumors (ya think)

11 sleeping residents (our ward is primarily made up of doctors, resident doctors, med students, law students and lawyers. Why all the children you ask?)

12 pregnant ladies (hence the nurseries)

It was fun to perform but most of the fun was in the making of it! Nice job ladies.

7 comments:

Maryann said...

We thought that was great! Thanks for sharing!

Leslie said...

LOVE IT! I think Willy is your home teacher. That slacker.
Do you not do potlucks anymore?

Stevens said...

Thanks for the laugh!! I'm glad to see things haven't changed too much, and it actually made me miss the place. Looking at your blog, your kids are getting so big! Jaden is 8 - I can't believe it and I don't think I knew about #3. She's adorable. Have a great Christmas!!
Jennie

Jenefer said...

I laughed out loud! I think you hit the nail on the head. Who are your hometeachers???

Cali said...

Hilarious! Love it!

Melissa said...

I loved it! I miss all of you so much! Thanks for sharing.

Real Life Roberts said...

Thant was so worth it to see the 6+ minutes of you show! HOW FUN!! I laughed the whole time! I can't wait to do a spoof off of that! And wow, you look way skinny mini!