'>

Sunday, March 16, 2008

Baby Reese

Our baby girl arrived Tuesday, March 11th @ 8:47 pm. Emily emailed me at work about 5:00 and said she was starting to have contractions about every five minutes. I headed home and when I arrived Emily was putting dinner in the oven, taking out the trash, and working on a load of laundry. The kids and I sat down to dinner as Emily puttered around the house pausing every 5 minutes for a contraction. About 7:30 the contractions became a little more intense, so we farmed out the kids and left for the hospital. From the time we walked in the hospital doors it was a whirlwind! Nurses were flashing paperwork in front of Emily as others were putting in an IV. The only problem was Emily's doctor hadn't shown up yet. Once the doctor arrived, it was all "stirrups and clawmarks" (if you catch my drift). Then, at 8:47 p.m., Reese Lynn entered the world and everything slowed to a crawl.

Emily and Reese were able to come home two days later, and we are lucky to have Deanne with us to ease the transition.




























Reese Lynn
7lbs 1.5 ounces
19 1/2 inches











































































































16 comments:

McKinney's said...

Nice work guys. She is such a cutie as is the rest of the squad. Hope all goes well and the transition will be smooth. Keep sending pics.

Jamie said...

She is so cute! I was so excited to hear of her arrival! Love the name, too. Congrats.

Jenny said...

your kids are beautiful and reese is the perfect addition. congrats!

Heidi said...

Congrats guys! She is just perfect. We wish we were there to see her in person. Let us know if you need anything! We miss you all!

Jasmine said...

Deanne told me that Reese looks like Jaden, but I think she looks like TY! What an angel. I can't wait to hold her next week. See you soon!

emily said...

She is beautiful. We can't wait to meet her. Kiss her on the back of the neck for me. We love her already. Congrats!!

JBPacker said...

Hey Stranger,
It's been a long time. I am so glad you shared your blog with me. Reese is beautiful. I have really missed you guys. Your family is so sweet. I love the pictures. Take Care Jessie

Garr Family said...

emily congraats...she's so perfect. you make good'ns. i can't believe Jadens so big up next to her. You look great and i can't wait to see you agian soon. sure love you. laura

kado! said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!! She is beautiful! Love, The Rowland's

talonandanna said...

she is just adorable. but what did anyone expect? :) love these pics, keep 'em coming. and btw- you look good in purple!

sillyhaywardfamily said...

Congrats!!! She is adorable!!!!!

Ellery said...

We found you! Congratulations!!! Sounds like it was a close call! She is beautiful, just like your other two! We wish you all the best, it's so fun to see your family!
-the Robisons

wylie said...

Hi you guys! She is beautiful! It is so sad that we aren't in touch often enough for me to even know you were pregnant! I am so glad I have your blog now to keep up with the cute Harris family! I really miss you guys! I can't believe how big Jaden is! Our blog is www.thetidwellfamily.blogspot.com
Love, Wylie

Anonymous said...

Harris,

Your daughter is so cute man, congratulations! And she doesn't have your pasty white skin which definatley helps.

Real Life Roberts said...

One lucky blog led me to Laura's that led me to Michelle's and now to yours! I feel like I'm having my own Rick's college reunion via blogging! I miss you! congrats on your baby...a month late! I've been wondering how and where you are! I hope to keep in touch!

Courtney said...

im glad you found your long lost friend! since when did you have so many sisters? well, your family looks perfect - hope you are adjusting to number three okay - i'm really scared for three. blogs are awesome because we can keep in touch without putting out a lot of effort. :)